Tuesday, September 23, 2008

La Vida Luja (The Luxurious Life :)

So I am getting quite comfortable having hot water and frequent massages :) This is a problem, right?

Our hotel in Costa Rica was balla (I had fun explaining the meaning of that word to everyone here in Nica!). It was the Marriot--Los Suenos (The Dreams), and it was. I fake played golf with my family in the rainforest (I putted in all my mom´s shots and drove the golf cart lol), as well as received a facial, French mani-pedi, and ate lots of food at their swim up bar. I also took about 7 baths, no joke. I felt semi-bad that we spent more than most people´s salaries in Nicaragua, but I can´t lie, I really enjoyed it lol. Oh, and we also took a 24-passenger bus back and forth from the airport, catered for the 4 of us lol. I think that may have been the epitome of the Luja-ness.

Then my parents and I headed over to Nicaragua! We are now staying at a sweet hotel in Granada called Hotel Colonial, which, coincidentally also has a swim up bar (I promise I didn´t plan that!). We took a tour of the isles of Granada--there are about 370 of them, formed by the nearby Volcano Mombacho. You can own one of them (about half an acre) for $70,000 undeveloped, and 3/4 of a million developed. To think--you can own a semi-nice house in Bethesda or your own island, replete with baller house and boat, in Nicaragua. :) I want one. I know this makes me a horrible, selfish person, but I believe owning an island is an investment. Plus, of course I would be generous and invite all of my friends (to my own island!) and cook lots of yummy desserts for them (You know what I´m talkin, Connie and Scootboot). I told my dad I would invite all of the campesinos that I work with as well, and he said that would make them feel bad, but I think it would make them feel pretty good lol.

Anyway, for now we are headed off to eat chocolate cookies with ice cream, which is almost as good :)

No comments: