Sunday, September 21, 2008

Happy Peace Day!

My trip here in Costa Rica has been great! I promise to write more on it asap. But, for now, I wanted to wish everyone a happy peace day! Yes, that´s right folks. I know, I know, I am becoming more of a hippie every day (you don´t have to tell me twice, Miguelito). But, I thought I would share this info with you, as well as post a link to a pretty cool card.

DID YOU KNOW? The United Nations' International Day of Peace - marked every year on September 21 - is a global holiday when individuals, communities, nations and governments highlight efforts to end conflict and promote peace. Established by U.N. resolution in 1982, "Peace Day" has grown to include millions of people around the world who participate in all kinds of events, large and small.

Peace Card!

"Peace has to be created, in order to be maintained. It is the product of faith, strength, energy, will, sympathy, justice, imagination, and the triumph of principle. It will never be achieved by passivity and quietism." -Dorothy Thompson

No comments: