Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Update on Speedy Gonzalez

The mouse and I are in a fight. This is not an April Fool's joke. I have a bunk bed in my room with a storage compartment right next to the head of it, and somehow the little sucker managed to climb up there and start nibbling away at the wood. Our little escapade began at 1 a.m., when I went to go to sleep. About every half hour after that, I would turn on the light for 5 minutes, he would get scared and would shut up, and I would return to my tormented sleep and have more crazy dreams while feeling like things were crawling through my hair. Around 3 a.m. I couldn't take it anymore, so I got up to get water and weighed my options. 1) I could move my sheets up to the top bunk and sleep further away from him...but, I am obvi too lazy for that. 2) I could go get the night guardsman and try and get him to remove it...again, too lazy. Then a moment of genius struck and I realized that if I turned on the fan I could drown him out. It worked, but I still had weird dreams for the rest of the night.

Apologies for not updating more...our internet is on the fritz (joy to the world), which also means getting AKF website work done and communicating in general has been pretty much impossible! BUT, belated birthday shout out to the Turkish Delight, Mizz Ayshe Tayfun! College would not have been the same without your amazing and terrifying drill sargeant ways...love you! :) And a thank you to Lee for his shoutout to me on his blog. In my next post, I will brag about all my cool blogger friends in tre chic places :)

No comments: