Tuesday, January 8, 2008

No Thank You, I'm Leaving the Country

Hi Folks,

Sorry I haven't updated more lately! I leave this Saturday, so things have been a little loco. First of all, thanks to everyone who came out Saturday night!! It was a fab-o time, complete with lots of dancing that, upon photographic evidence, looks like a bad 80's wedding? BUT, back to the point of this posting...

I LOVE telling people I can't buy or renew something because, oh, I will be living in a third-world country come next week. My gym pass, my Barnes and Noble member card, even (I'm sad to admit) my tanning membership--I get to say, "No thank you, I will not be renewing BECAUSE I'M LEAVING THE COUNTRY." It's so effective. I should have been saying this for years. They can't guilt you into buying anything because there are no Barnes and Nobles, LA Fitnesses, and DEFINITELY no Palm Beach Tans in Nicaragua. My favorite (aka the worst) is when people ask me where the hell Nicaragua is. Granted, I'm sure there are countries that I would sound like Miss Teen South Carolina trying to identify, but COME ON people, where were your history classes about Reagan and the 80's and trying to obliterate anything the country stood for? (Sorry, I am trying very hard not to turn this blog political). So, back to my point--if some stupid person at Bally's or American Eagle is trying to get you to buy a card so you can buy more of their crap, you can politely say, "Gee, I would love to, but I'm moving to a country where I can live off of $30 for a month instead, but thanks!"

No comments: