Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Pura Vida

So Ana Francis and I had a great time celebrating Michael´s bday in Costa Rica! The first day we ended up wandering San Jose like homeless bums, due to a communication snafu, but after that it was pretty stellar. On Friday Ana and I got highlights in our hair. At first I was worried I was going to look like a skunk, but I ended up pretty satisfied with them.

Friday evening we headed for the beach. The first night we stayed in a quaint little place, but the ceiling fan felt like it might fall on us and chop off our heads when it got going too fast, so we headed to a hostel. It felt like The Real World Costa Rica...all the rooms were brightly colored, one of the windows was a giant peace sign, the kitchen chairs were swings at a bar, and there was a roof-top bar built out of Imperial beer cans lol. What´s even better is that the place was run by a Hungarian couple. He was like, you know, the country in Eastern Europe? Lol I was thinking yes, I know, but how in the world did you get here? Anyway, so then we met up with a group comprised of a Costa Rican, Argentinian, and French. After singing national songs with them and talking in a mixture of Spanish, English, and French, we headed out for a night of dancing. I also did not get burnt, which I was very proud of. I think Ana actually got more sun than me lol. So, after a long bus ride back, we are now back home in Nicaragua, Nicaraguita!

1 comment:

Mike Jones said...

Thanks for coming, looking forward to Nicaragua. The purse you wanted was sold. I will ask them if they have more coming, but did you want a different color.