Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Soon, Really Soon!

Hi all,
Sorry for not updating more! These past few weeks have been a whirlwind, in part because I'm getting ready to go down to Nica! I'll be down there from the 10th to the 18th, finding out what AKF would like on their Web site and in their newsletter, and participating in a fiesta—which, as you all know, I'm a big fan of. :) There will 200 to 300 people from all of the Nicaraguan communities that they work with coming to the Center, so that should be fun.

Also, I will get to stay with a family, so I'll get lots of practice speaking Spanish! I am currently reading David Sedaris' oh-so-funny book, Me Talk Pretty One Day, and he describes his French skills as a mix between "spooky man-child" and a country accent (them there's apples is mighty big, or something along those lines). So, hopefully I'll have lots of funny stories of horrible translations to share with you!

Wish me luck! And thank you for voting and commenting, even if some are inappropriate (TANIA KU).

No comments: