Friday, July 18, 2008

Little Update

Hi Folks!

Just checking in again, and thought I'd update you all a little bit. First off, the Damascus delegation gets in today, so I am uber-excited. DUMC delegations rock. Secondly, due to popular demand, I have now made my Latina superstar photo my profile pic, so check it out :) (it's on the bottom right).

In other updates, I have been doing pretty well with my budget--I'm at about $3.50 a day now, which isn't too horrible, verdad?

Other funny shirt sightings--an older woman wearing a shirt that read PERVERT in all caps, and a very pregnant woman wearing a Malibu Rum shirt.

My Nica fam is doing well. One of the sisters, Veronica, just had eye surgery, so she has been laying low. There have been no suitors as of late lol. We also discovered that my 79-year-old Grandmother, Chepita, is a feminist, so that rocks lol. Also, it turns out that my sisters/aunts/whatever they would be to me love Sex and the City. Katherine very generously loaned me her 6th Season, so we have been watching it together with Spanish voices dubbed over. I am learning lots of new Spanish vocab lol, though I should probably not be learning anymore as my co-workers have been telling me I have already learned too much "language of the street."

OK, so I'll be in the campo next week, but tomorrow we head to the plaza to celebrate the overthrow of the dictator Somoza in 1979. Viva la Revolucion!

No comments: